Re: [css-overflow] interaction between "overflow-x" and "overflow-y", when one of them is "clip"

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 8:00 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
> So we resolved on B, modulo bikesheding.
>
> Top alternatives for now are:
> - overflow: clip
> - overflow: hidden no-scroll
> - overflow: none

Yay, bikeshedding! 😀

I think having a compound value (hidden no-scroll) of two different words is a non-starter. For one thing 'no-scroll' wouldn't apply to any of the other values. For another, 'overflow' is a shorthand for two properties (overflow-x and overflow-y), and two values in the shorthand could lead many to assume that one was for x and the other for y. I think that misconception would be rampant for anyone learning CSS by reading other people's style sheets.

I think 'none' is pretty good.