Re: [css-2015] Snapshot prose, prefixing policy updated

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:03:30 -0700
To: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Sebastian Zartner
<sebastianzartner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - Link to 'CSS Speech Module Level 1' is broken.
>>> - First sentence in the second note should be "... their inclusion
>>> does not mean they are frozen.".
>>> - Semicolon in description for CSS Conditional Rules Level 3 should be
>>> removed (or replaced by a comma).
>>> - Description for CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Level 3 should
>>> be "... syntax for gradients as images in CSS.".
>>
>> Fixed.
>
> Thanks. When will the changes be visible?

When I remember to actually push the changes. ^_^  Should be up now.

>>> - Description for CSS Flexible Box Module Level 1 should be more specific.
>>
>> What do you want to see?  It seems roughly similar to the descriptions
>> that other modules receive.
>
> Maybe just replace the word 'new' by 'flexible'.

Done.  Replaced with "flexible linear".

>>> - Point 2 and 3 within 'Implementations of Unstable and Proprietary
>>> Features' should refer to user agents, not browsers or be web-centric
>>> (right?)
>>
>> No, those are web-centric on purpose.  We can verify with the WG that
>> we want to keep them like this, but they were drafted and intended to
>> be browser/web specific originally.  Point 2 is very specifically
>> about the current major browser population; for Point 3, proprietary
>> devices and networks can do what they want.
>
> Ok, so regarding point 2, if let's say an HTML/CSS based PDF generator
> implements a feature, it doesn't count?

As it stands, we just don't *care* what something like that does.  It
can choose to follow these guidelines if it wants (it's probably a
good idea), but such an implementation isn't going to have any effect
on whether experimental features get frozen with bugs in them.