Re: [selectors4] no way to select visible children

21.07.2015, 02:13, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Marat Tanalin <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> šThere is the `element()` CSS function defined in the css-images-4 draft (with Tab and Elika as editors) [1] and implemented as `-moz-element()` in Firefox/Gecko [2].
>
> The element() function is not handled in the middle of style
> resolution, nor does it involve looping back and forth between
> selector application and style resolution.

At least this is something that has an existing native implementation that really works with acceptable performance and proves that CSS-loop prevention is viable.

On the contrary, statements that CSS-loop detection is slow are purely theoretical and do not have native implementations proving it so far.

And, as usual, you've skipped some important parts of my message (in particular, the idea of tracking overall time of CSS processing).