Re: [css-break] Class A breaks and avoid-*

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:43:59 -0400
On 03/22/2015 05:41 PM, Brady Duga wrote:
> In section 4.4, rule 1 says that breaks at class A breakpoints
> (between block boxes) happens only if there is a forced break
> there or if all applicable values are 'auto'. Does that mean
> that a column break between block boxes is not allowed if a value
> of break-after/before for this location is 'avoid-page'?

Hm, that's an error. A copy-paste error, actually. :) I forgot
to update the rules from CSS2.1, where there was only one type
of break (pages). I've updated the spec as follows:

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#unforced-breaks

   # A fragmented flow may break at a class A break point only
   # if all the break-after and break-before values applicable
   # to this break point allow it, which is when at least one
   # of them forces a break or when none of them forbid it
   # (avoid or avoid-page/avoid-column/avoid-region, depending
   # on the break type).

Let me know if that's clear enough. Thanks!

~fantasai