Re: [css-logical-props] additional logical values for caption-side

On 4 July 2015 at 06:33, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
> There is no documentation about 'top-outside' and 'bottom-outside' values at
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/caption-side

I added some documentation for those now, while it's still not clear
to me what their behavior should actually be and why they are needed.
At least in the implementation in Firefox I see no difference between
'top' and 'top-outside' regarding the width and horizontal alignment.

On 5 July 2015 at 00:20, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>> The working group resolved to add them to CSS in:
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2005AprJun/0139.html
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2005AprJun/0144.html
>>
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2005AprJun/att-0149/css-mins-20050601.htm
>

> Those 2005 archived pages are under a Member Authorization requirement: "The
> member-only section of the W3C website is not publicly viewable. Password
> authorization is needed for access to the W3C Member Site."
>
>> to resolve Issue #182 in:
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2/issues/issues-2
>

> There is not much explanation in Issue #182; just a very brief mention.
>
>> as is noted in:
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2/tables.html#propdef-caption-side

Could you make those discussions public?

Sebastian