Re: [css-grid] Using automatic (instead of min-content) minimums for 'auto' tracks

O Xov, 07-05-2015 ás 17:18 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. escribiu:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Sergio Villar Senin <
> svillar@igalia.com> wrote:
> > On 12/01/15 21:43, fantasai wrote:
> > > The Grid spec, for 'auto' sized columns, uses the min-content
> > > size of
> > > the items
> > > to find the base size of the track. After some discussion, Tab,
> > > Rossen,
> > > Greg and
> > > I think it makes more sense to use the specified minimum size
> > > (via
> > > 'min-width'
> > > and 'min-height'). To get sensible behavior by default, we'll
> > > honor
> > > 'min-size: auto'
> > > as 'min-size: min-content' just like in Flexbox.
> >
> > I've started to implement this for Blink and WebKit and I have
> > found
> > some issues that I'd like to expose here:
> >
> > 1) It's about setting the initial value of min-size as 'auto' for
> > grid
> > items. IMHO referring to the behavior in flexbox is a bit
> > suboptimal. I
> > know that the spec editors are the same and that the development of
> > both
> > layout systems is a bit entangled but for a guy with a reasonably
> > good
> > knowledge of the grid specs like me, reading the description of
> > 'auto'
> > in flexbox[1] is kind of alien language (full of flexbox jargon).
>
> We've copied the Flexbox definition over and translated it into Grid
> terms. Let us know if there are any lingering problems, or something
> doesn't make sense.

Actually I think there was a copy&paste error :) as I miss a sentence
which is present in the flexbox spec just after talking about "content
size" which is the following:

"Otherwise, this keyword computes to 0 (unless otherwise defined by a
future specification)."

Perhaps we don't need the text in parentheses as that applies to
anything right? :P

BR