[css3-tables][CSS22] Nested table cells with % widths hog space

From: Chris Rebert <csswg@rebertia.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 03:22:37 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
Hello,

Given the obsolete status of the CSS3 Tables Module and the lack of an
obviously table-related Component in the W3C CSS Bugzilla, what's
currently the correct way to report spec issues regarding tables?

We at Bootstrap encountered an issue[0] related to the treatment of
nested table cells with percentage widths in Blink[1] and
WebKit[2][3], but as best we could tell there's a lack of specificity
in the underlying applicable spec (CSS 2.1 ?) regarding the proper
behavior in such cases.
We're therefore hoping to file a bug (or whatever) to ensure that some
future spec will nail down the behavior in this case.

[0]: https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/16372
[1]: http://crbug.com/427994
[2]: http://wkbug.com/144696
[3]: http://openradar.appspot.com/20839572