Re: [css-transitions] Formal definition of canceling and interrupting

On Thursday 2015-01-22 14:35 -0800, L. David Baron wrote:
> I'm inclined to fix this by saying that implementations must
> remember the most recent transition destination for each
> element-property pair that has had a transition, for as long as the
> property value remains at that destination and the property remains
> in 'transition-property', and must not start a second transition to
> the remembered value.
>
> I believe this restores the invariant that transitions aren't
> triggered by unrelated style changes.
>
> I realize it might be a bit of an additional cost in memory use, at
> least in a naive implementation.  But I think that:
>  (a) it's probably worth the cost to maintain that invariant (even
>      though it is a bit of an edge case), and
>  (b) assuming that this sort of case is the only thing it changes
>      (which I hope it is), much of the storage could be optimized
>      away in a better implementation.

I've edited the spec accordingly:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-transitions/

I also converted the spec to the bikeshed preprocessor [1], so it
now has a lot more links in it.

-David

[1] https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed/

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know