Re: [box-sizing] and min/max/width/height was Re: [css3-ui] editor's draft updated per [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions F2F Kyoto Sat: CSS3 Fonts, Regions, @viewport, Variables, @supports, Selectors4, Administrivia

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 15:34:42 +0100
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
> If anyone can think of a case where one or more browsers diverge from the model he suggests, at TC would be very much welcome.

Actually, I just found one:

http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/box-sizing/box-sizing-replaced-element-001.html

This has box-sizing:boder-box, max-height, and a replaced element (green svg) with an intrinsic width and ratio, but no height.

The resulting green box is 70px by 70px in FF/IE/Presto but (100px by 70px) in Webkit/Blink.

As far as I can tell, FF/IE/Presto are following Boris' model, and I can't quite tell what Webkit is doing.

 - Florian