Re: [css3-ui] using <image> instead of <uri> in cursor (Issue 44)

> On 10 Dec 2014, at 23:57, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>

>> On 25 Nov 2014, at 14:10, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>>
>> Raised in issue 44: https://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css3-ui#issue44

>> Among other things (gradients, image fragments, crossfade...), this gives access to image-set(), which is needed to have high resolution cursor on “retina” displays.
>
> As we resolved (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Dec/0067.html), we should keep <url>, but allow <image>. New patch attached to do so.
>
> - Florian
> <cursor_image.patch>

Hi Tantek,

Thanks for the edit.

In addition to the statement that you included, the patch I proposed also did a little spec cleanup for bikeshed's purpose, replacing &lr;uri&gt; by <<url>> both in the grammar and in the prose, allowing auto-linking and replacing uri with url, as we now do.

 - Florian