[css-logical-props] handling values that are valid in one orientation but invalid in another

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:48:42 +1100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
This might be a hypothetical question for now.  How do we handle logical
properties whose corresponding physical properties don't take the same
set of values?  Will we have a general rule to handle cases like this?

Gecko currently supports prefixed versions of {min,fit,max}-content
values on the width property but not on the height property.  If I want
to continue that arrangement, and I want to implement the new
{block,inline}-size logical properties, how should I handle for example:

   div { writing-mode: horizontal-tb; block-size: -moz-min-content; }

Presumably this parses OK and you can inspect the block-size property's
value on the declaration.  But at computation time, what value should
the height property get?

One answer would be to make it the initial value; this is what happens
with properties that have variables that don't resolve to a valid value.