Re: [css-text] Preventing typographic orphans

* Sebastian Zartner wrote:
>On 4 January 2015 at 20:19, Jens Oliver Meiert wrote:
>> A quick +1, for this seems *really* like a CSS concern. We should not
>> all of a sudden advocate no-break spaces and such for this is
>> absolutely not a content issue.
>>
>> I can’t see a clearer case for something CSS should handle, and I’m
>> glad Lea brought it up. And it’d be funny if of all times now we’d get
>> all antsy about adding something :|
>
>The problem here is the grammatically correct wrapping of lines. And
>that doesn't sound like something that needs to be controllable via
>CSS. Rather the UAs should be in charge of doing the line wrapping
>right in regard of the used language.

This does not seem to be a grammatical concern to me, and there may be
multiple "correct" wrappings where it would be entirely appropriate to
select among the options using style sheets.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/