Re: Pardon about CSS4 "element()"

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Alexey Solovey <acterhd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have problems with chromium development now. I don't know how Debug
> Chromium.
>
> I made emulator of CSS canvas.
> https://github.com/acterhd/bmpgen
> As base, I picked up WebKit "-webkit-canvas()", that not standartized by
> W3C. I don't made support of element(), because will very hard through
> canvas. I planned made emulator of "source()", but I thinked that will
> better direct access to canvas.

Adding a new function would only help if we were having grammar issues
with element(), but we aren't - the implementation issues are deeper
than that.

And it looks like Houdini is taking over that use-case with Custom
Paint, which is basically an upgraded form of -webkit-canvas().  It
actually lets you respond to the size that CSS wants the picture to
be, rather than requiring you to guess at the size and then get ugly
scaling if you guessed wrong.