Re: [lots] -webkit prefixed properties and values

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 08:57:51 -0800
Cc: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 7:31 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
> Isn't that what are are suggesting: specify and deprecate means browsers must support (which they do), AND authors must not use.

Why MUST? I think "here are some legacy proprietary properties that you can support if you want for increase web compat" is enough.

'-webkit-gradient' had graceful fallback. It wouldn't break the web if some really old pages had a flat background in the title bar instead of perfectly emulating the gradient of the title bar of the iPhone 1's UI title bar.