Re: [css-scoping] Remove shadow-piercing and multiple shadow roots, and the change in Order of Appearance

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
> WebApps WG resolved to remove shadow-piercing and multiple shadow roots[1].
>
> As a consequence of this change, two declarations in different trees should
> always be resolved by the Shadow Tree criteria and should not require
> calculating Order of Appearance, if I understand correctly.
>
> If I'm missing cases where we still need Order of Appearance in tree of
> trees, I'd appreciate to be pointed out.
>
> Tab, could you make the change, or PR[2] is on its way if you prefer.
>
> [1]
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2015AprJun/att-0307/24-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary
> [2] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/21/files

Thanks for the PR! I was planning to do the edits soon; I was just
waiting for any possible objections or changes to shake out first.
I'll still hang onto the PR for now, I think, and commit it in a few
days.