Re: [css-scoping] Was shadow host intended to be more feature-less than "featureless"?

On Wednesday 2015-04-08 14:10 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > I'm happy with the proposal of making featureless elements not match
> > any selectors unless otherwise specified.  (My understanding is that
> > that matches both Chrome's implementation and the in-progress Gecko
> > implementation.)
>
> All right, done.

I think the spec is still a bit unclear.  Or, rather, it has a bit
of extra wording that's no longer doing anything.  I think you can
delete the text:

  # Five aspects of a DOM element are especially relevant for
  # selectors:
  #
  #   * The element’s type (also known as tagname), which is a
  #     string.
  #   * The element’s namespace, which is a string.
  #   * An ID, which is a string.
  #   * Classes, which are strings.
  #   * Attributes, which are pairs of strings consisting of an
  #     attribute name and an attribute value.
  #
  # While individual elements may lack any of the above features,

since it's no longer relevant to what follows it.

(At this point it also makes it a bit unclear whether "featureless"
is still a good term.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,