Re: [css-align][css-flexbox] conflicting propdefs for alignment properties

Hi

On 04/02/2015 04:51 AM, fantasai wrote:

> Wrt the initial value change; this is expected to be an invisible
> change to authors.
>
> An implementation that implements both specs would use the Box
> Alignment definitions, which supersede Flexbox's definitions.
> (I'll clarify that in the module interactions section.)

I understand your point, thanks for clarifying it in the document anyway.

However, I found out another case that perhaps needs further explanations:

* Flexbox:
  - justify-content
      + initial: flex-start
  - align-content
       + initial: stretch

* Alignment
  - justify-content
      + initial: auto -> *Computes* to 'stretch' -> *Behaves* like
'flex-start'
  - align-content
      + initial: auto -> *Computes* to 'stretch' (Behaves as specified)

So, I understand that we want both properties to have the same computed
value (stretch) for the initial value ('auto') resolution, but we
achieve the functionality described in Flexbox using different initial
values with the *behavior* concept.

Is this correct ? Is this enough clear ? I assume that once we can get
rid of the Flexbox's alignment properties and just refer to the
Alignment this issues will disappear, but I wonder whether other people
have concerns as well regarding this.

--
javi