Re: [css-font-loading] controlling font loading display

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 10:47 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose a simpler property for controlling font display
> while downloadable font resources are loading. I think the previous
> proposal [1] is overly complex and the value names aren't terribly
> intuitive.

John, can you elaborate on which parts are overly complex, and why? Is it
the timers?

One thing I'm wondering about is whether we can/should uncouple timers from
rendering strategy:
- the font rendering strategy varies based on particular content on the
page; it's a property on the content, not the font.
- the font fetch timeout is a property on the font resource.

I think the above two can be tackled as separate topics, which can help
clarify naming and simplify the solution.

ig