Re: [css-flexbox] justify-self

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:50:45 -0700
To: Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Cc: Matt Hughes <hughes.matt@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Fran├žois REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> Just to to play devil's advocate, we could actually have a two-steps justification algorithm allowing exactly that:
[snip]

This is actually already how things work, *if* there's a reasonable
notion of a "container" between the layout root and the aligned child.
For flexbox, there's the flex line, which is why both align-content
and align-self work.  For grid, there's the grid tracks, which is why
both axises have both *-content and *-self.