Re: [css-page-floats] First cleanup

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:16:49 -0700
Cc: HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "public-ppl@w3.org" <public-ppl@w3.org>
To: Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@vivliostyle.com>

Brad Kemper

On Apr 7, 2015, at 1:36 PM, Johannes Wilm <johanneswilm@vivliostyle.com> wrote:

>> That's different. Floting inside/outside lets you do things like:
>>
>>   aside {
>>     float: outside;
>>     float-offset: -80mm;
>>     width: 75mm;
>>   }
>
> And that would be different from
>
> aside {
>   float-offset: -80mm;
>   width: 75mm
> }
>
> @pageI :right {
>   aside {
>    float: right;
>   }
>  }
>
> @page:left {
>   aside {
>    float: left;
>   }
>  }

I like the idea in general, but I was shot down last time I suggested selectors and rules inside @page, because selectors would get mixed up with property declarations that are already allowed there. (This is Tab's cue to say we should allow it after all.)

The way around that is to use pseudo classes instead, as in...

  aside:page-right {
   float: right;
  }

  aside:page-left {