Re: [css-scoping] Was shadow host intended to be more feature-less than "featureless"?

Ugh, hit send a little too early.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct, it *should* match those pseudos.  The whole "featureless"
> concept exists *solely* to prevent a component author from
> *accidentally* matching the host element due to the component *user*
> doing something to it.  The component author should be able to write a
> rule against a `.foo` class without risking accidentally targeting the
> host element just because the component user, unaware that .foo is
> being used inside the component, puts a class=foo on the host element
> for their own unrelated styling purposes.

Note, though, that the Blink implementation currently *does* exclude
everything - it literally returns false immediately if the selector
has anything else in it.  This was semi-intentional when implemented,
but I defined things the way I did on purpose, and Blink's current
behavior is a bug.