Re: [css-snappoints] Blink team position on snap points

There's definitely tension between low-level input events and high-level
semantic actions.  I think progress on the latter is mainly being done in
the IndieUI WG <http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/> (with public-indie-ui being
the best place for discussion).  I'd also consider some existing DOM3 events
<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/> like "click" and "contextmenu"
to fall into the latter camp as well (with www-dom probably being the right
place for that discussion).

But no matter how well we do standardizing such high-level actions, I don't
think we'll ever want to stop supporting low-level events as well in order
to enable the full richness of possible user interactions.  Expanding on
your analogy - just because we mostly program keyboard input in terms of
character codes, there are scenarios (like gaming) where it's appropriate
to drop down the the lower level of abstraction of scan codes.

Rick