Re: [css-grid] Doubt about grid-auto-flow stack

On 16/09/14 03:33, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com> wrote:
>> Hi Tab,
>>
>> On 21/07/14 23:13, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> Yeah, I think I'm going to reword that entire subsection into separate
>>> algos for normal, "dense", and "stack".
>>
>> Any progress on this?
>>
>> I'd like to know the final wording before finishing the implementation
>> for "stack" in Blink and WebKit.
>
> Done now.  I've also reworded the algo a bit to be clearer about
> positioning the *grid area*, as opposed to the grid item itself.

Thanks for the update. The new grid-auto-flow syntax seems
better/clearer to me than the previous one.

Anyway, I've a question related to the placement algorithm. The sparse,
dense and stack algorithms are not mentioned in the first step:
1. Process the items locked to a given row.

So, imagine that you have a grid with "grid-auto-flow: row". The
algorithm should be sparse, however if you have the following items:

* item 1 will be placed at row 1 and column 2 as expected.
* item 2 at row 1 and columns 3-4.
* item 3 at row 1 and column 1.

So, even when this was supposed to be sparse, it's following a dense
algorithm. The same result would happen if the grid is marked as stack.

Am I missing something? Or should we take into account the algorithm in
this step too?

Thanks,
  Rego