Re: [css-animations] Proposal for handling changes to animation-* properties while an animation is running

On Tuesday 2014-09-09 09:08 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here's the proposal: just let everything be adjustable.  The start
> > time of the animation (when the animation starts applying; when value
> > is adjusted (in the animation-* properties, or in the @keyframes
> > rule), just recompute what value the animation would be at if it had
> > always had those values, and start applying that instead.
>
> This paragraph is nonsense.  I meant to say:
>
> Here's the proposal: just let everything be adjustable. The start time
> of the animation (when the animation starts applying) is kept stable;
> when any value is adjusted (in the animation-* properties, or in the
> @keyframes rule), just recompute what value the animation would be at
> if it had always had those values, and start applying that instead.

And I think by "start time" here we're talking about the beginning
of the delay rather than the end of the delay; this allows
animation-delay to be adjusted dynamically.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.