Re: [css-images] Reference SVG paint servers with url()

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2014, at 8:14 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> On a 'per property’ decision might work. Will check. For fill an stroke there must be no clipping.
>>
>> 'fill' and 'stroke' both use concrete sizes that are equal or larger
>> than the visible area, so there's nothing to (visibly) clip.
>
> Could you elaborate what you mean? By default, a paint server is sized taking the object bounding box as reference box. However, the stroke area is usually bigger than that. This is the reason why a paint server is potentially unbound.

Oh right, forgot about how strokes work.

Anyway, yes, the specs allow per-property different treatment; they
don't define what happens to images that extend past the edge of the
concrete object size, just note that *most* of the time they're
clipped.  It's perfectly fine for 'stroke' to not clip.