Re: [css-text][css-flexbox] Let's just alias "nowrap" with "no-wrap"

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:20:31 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2014 8:16 AM, "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>>
>> By the way, does “aliasing” entail anything other than adding “no-wrap”
>> to the list of property values?
>
> Nope, that's it.
In this case, yes.

Aliasing isn't a technical term, and we tend to use the word loosely to
mean "have both, and make them do the same". Sometimes more side effects
are needed to make it work smoothly, sometimes not. In the case of values,
like here, just defining the two values to both exist and to trigger the
same behavior is generally enough.

But for instance, when we wanted to alias properties break-before and
page-break-before, we ended up doing so by making one a short-hand of the
other:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#page-break-properties

- Florian