Re: [css-line-grid] applying line-grid to a flex or grid container

On 10/07/2014 05:37 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Currently, line-grid applies to block containers. This omits flex
>> containers and grid containers. I’m assuming people will want to define a
>> line grid on those containers as well, so I’m planning on changing the
>> draft to say that line-grid applies to “block, flex and grid containers”.
>>
>> 1. Anyone have an objection to this?
>
> Nope, this is a shoe-in.

Seems reasonable

>> 2. Should we have a new term for this set of containers?
>
> Layout containers? Formatting containers?

"Block containers" and "boxes that establish a new formatting context"*
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css2/visufx.html#overflow

* This is awkwardly long. Other terms that have been thrown around include
   - formatting context root
   - flow root [from CSS3 Box, before CSS Regions was created]

~fantasai