Re: [cssom-view] Origin of a canvas & scrollable element

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 22:42:41 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> How do you explain the element case?
>
> Same deal, isn't it?  The containing block generated by an element is
> based on the element's geometry, not its scrollable area.

So for http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/3185
the spec says "the containing block is formed by the padding edge of the
ancestor." and so, in my understanding, the position:absolute element
should stay anchored to the element's padding edge when the element is
scrolled, since the padding edge doesn't move. Is that right?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software