Re: [css3-ui] what to do if outline-offset is sufficiently negative (issue 38)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2014, at 11:17 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>>> Or just let the outline disappear once the offsets would overlap each other in either dimension. Just as if you had something like 'box-shadow: 0 0 0 20px white inset, 0 0 0 21px black inset', the visible part of the black shadow disappears at smaller box sizes.
>>
>> That’s possible indeed, but I don’t think I prefer it, as this risk to cause accidentally disappearing outlines, causing usability or accessibility issues
>
> Is it worse than having the outline be a rectangle in the middle of the button, covering up the button's text?

As someone who has been annoyed by outlines being suppressed and
making keyboard nav basically impossible, yes, a disappearing outline
is worse than one that sits right in the middle of the element.  The
latter is terrible, of course, but at least you know where your focus
is.