RE: [CSS2.1] Fixed z-index interop issue

I recall this telcon [1] discussing where the issue was raised and we requested compat data (especially for desktop). I don't remember if we resolved on it later on but if we did it was probably in Tucson? The fact is that now the mobile content relies on this behavior so whatever decision we make now, there will be compat issues to deal with.

As far as the perf benefits of this change are concerned, I'm still not convinced we'll benefits much from it in our architecture.

Thanks,
Rossen

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Oct/0115.html