Re: [css-grid] Absolutely positioned grid items

On 12/11/14 23:07, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> No, we're just being sloppy with terminology in 8.4, and with the
> "Applies to" lines in the propdef tables. ("Applies to" is just an
> informative note, anyway.)
>
> The grid-placement properties definitely apply to abspos elements
> whose containing block is a grid container, even if they're not
> children.  They alter the containing block to be the grid area
> described by the properties (with the alteration, described in 8.4,
> that an "auto" value *does* contribute a line, namely the
> corresponding padding edge of the grid container).
>
> I'll fix to make this clearer.

Just an extra thing about this, probably the spec should include also
fixed positioned elements (not only absolutely positioned).

As in some cases (for example using "transform" property [1]) the grid
could be the containing block of the fixed elements. I guess that the
same behavior than absolutely positioned elements should be applied.

Bye,
  Rego

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-transforms/#transform-property