Re: 'transform' style for fullscreen video elements

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> fullscreen.css in WebKit has a bunch of styles (nearly all with
> !important). The only one for transforms though is:
>
> :-webkit-full-screen-ancestor:not(iframe) {
>     -webkit-transform: none !important;
>     -webkit-transform-style: flat !important;
>     …
> }

I think we should put this in the spec (sans prefix of course).

It's important for interop that browsers align on these and don't just add
properties to the UA sheet fullscreen rules without standards discussion or
even notification. Relevant sources:
http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/ua.css#260
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/css/fullscreen.css#L24
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/blink/+/master/Source/core/css/fullscreen.css
Looks like Webkit/Blink have rules for "flex" and "transform" also. I'm
happy if those get added to the spec too.

Oddly enough Webkit/Blink don't have 'box-sizing' but that's probably just
a bug; we have it and the spec has it and I think it's needed.

Rob
owohooo
oioso
owohooo