Re: [css3-ui] update reference to css2.1 with reference to css-backgrounds-3

> On 14 Nov 2014, at 17:49, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>> I’ve tried to be conservative when bikesheding css3-ui, and to avoid any change that would affect normative aspect of the spec, as these are best handled as separate commits.
>>
>> This means I’ve kept a reference that css-ui makes to css2.1 to define border-width and border-style, even though is no longer the authoritative source on the topic. I suggest updating this with a reference to css-backgrounds-3, as it has updated definitions and is sufficiently stable.
>
> I tried to convince Florian that updating to the correct modern
> reference isn't a significant change, and is something that members of
> this group should do for each other automatically, to make better
> specs, but he wasn't buying it.

I totally buy that it is a Good Thing(tm), and that we should do this.

It’s just that I preferred to keep my conversion-to-bikeshed commit as focused as possible on just being a preprocessor conversion with as little implications as possible on normative statements, leaning on the side of overdoing it just to be safe.

I am not really submitting this to the WG as something to discuss, as I can’t possibly see why anyone would disagree, but rather as a notice to Tantek of a piece of low hanging fruit, and ccing the www-style just because it’s on topic.

 - Florian