Re: [css-pseudo] please make sure pseudo-element "alt" property makes it into next ED

On 11/5/14, 11:51 AM, "Daniel Glazman"

>On 05/11/2014 19:01, Alan Stearns wrote:
>
>>> 2. if we want to make generated content accessible, then we need to
>>>     make all of it accessible correctly; since the content property
>>>     can specify MULTIPLE IMAGES, we need to make each of them have its
>>>     own alt text. The current proposal does not allow that.
>>
>> Do you have an example of multiple *fallback* images where you’d want
>>the
>> alt text to differ depending on which image loaded?
>
>I do. Found in a live web page:
>
>p.new::before {
>   content: url(new.png);
>}
>
>p.important::before {
>   content: url(warning.png);
>}
>
>p.new.important::before {
>   content: url(warning.png) url(new.png);
>}

Ah, sorry. I thought you were talking about fallbacks, not more than one
image being displayed.

I don’t see an issue with this case. You have three selectors setting
three different content values. You can easily add three separate alt
values. Of course, this works just fine with alt being a separate property
*or* being an additional value on the content property (perhaps separated
by an 'alt' keyword?)

Thanks,

Alan