Re: [css-text] Control characters

I did some tests by inserting control characters into DOM directly, so that we could split encoding issues from rendering issues.

The test is here[1] if you want to see by yourself, but in short, 0x80-0x9F is handled at encoding layer and therefore we don’t have to worry about in CSS Text. A few issues were found by the test, but it’s a different topic.

So I think we do not require any changes to the spec on this point. Please let us know if any.

In case you’re interested in the test results, in terms of rendering:
* IE11 does not render Cc except 0x0B.
* Firefox (Win/Mac), Chrome (Win/Mac), Safari does not render Cc at all.
In terms of letter-spacing:
* IE11 and Firefox (Win/Mac) applies letter spacing to Cc.
* Chrome (Win/Mac), Safari does not apply letter spacing to Cc.

[1] http://jsbin.com/quciq/

/koji