Re: Image % sizing interoperability

Le 2014-06-10 01:10, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Le 2014-06-09 19:59, Bogdan Brinza a écrit :
>> Another class of issues we've encountered while investigating bugs is
>> image sizing.
>>
>> Consider the following two examples:
>> http://jsfiddle.net/boggydigital/6D5Nc/
>>

>> 1)      Image has max-height: 100% and 50px on one of the
>> grandparents. IE and Firefox resolve size using image intrinsic size,
>> Chrome uses 50px.
>>
>> 2)      Is similar to 1, but uses height: 100% and 50px on one of the
>> grandparents. Again, IE and Firefox do same thing and Chrome uses 50px
>> for height.
>>
>> In our investigations this was root cause for many interoperability
>> issues on mobile sites such as Amazon.com, HM.com, SI.com and few
>> others.
>>
>> As with earlier textarea overflow question - we'd like to clarify the
>> expected behavior here and ultimately achieve better interoperability.
>
> Bogdan,
>
> I'm working on submitting (later, probably this week-end) these 2
> reduced tests
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/image-percent-001.xht

Filename-renamed to

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/max-height-percentage-003.xht

> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/image-percent-002.xht

Filename-renamed to

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/height-percentage-005.xht

> based on your original demo-page. I dropped the list-item and the
> inline-block declaration.

Bogdan,

Please check these max-height-percentage-003.xht and
height-percentage-005.xht tests carefully; if they're okay with you and
you want to be co-author of those 2 tests, that's fine with me. You'll
have to register and sign up the W3C form [1] though to be co-author.
... Hm... although I am no longer sure this process is still necessary
as there is no mention of this in [2]

[1]

[2]
Github Test Submission
http://testthewebforward.org/docs/github-101.html

> Please do not bookmark these tests as their filenames will most likely
> change before submission. I also need to edit the assert text and
> check a few more issues.
>
> -------------
>
> I have checked quickly
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-10.htm#s10.5