Re: Why not max/min-font-size? & extend them to other properties of sizes

Le 2014-06-16 19:09, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Kseso? <kseso9@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now, we have available units based on the size of the viewport.
>> These units can declare on the size of the texts.
>> CSS does not have a way to limit the computed maximum or minimum value
>> of
>> them.
>>
>> I think you should consider the convenience of including the css
>> properties:
>> max-font-size
>> min-font-size
>> onto the "Css Font module" document.
>
> These seem easy and useful;

How does a web author know in advance the mininimum text size suitable
for his audience?

How can a web author know the pixel density of my screen resolution? (eg
96DPI)

I fail to see how these min-font-size and max-font-size can be useful.

Gérard