Re: [css-gcpm] Positions from which named string is taken is too limited

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently second argument to string() function can be "first", "start",
> "last", "first-except".
>
> In XSL-FO similar functionality is achieved by the retrieve-position
> property:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#retrieve-position
>
> There is no equivalent of "last-ending-within-page" value in CSS. This
> value is useful for example when running subtotal has to be put into
> page footer. So analogical value should be added into CSS.

Ah, I see - the existing "last" value isn't good enough, because it'll
reflect the 'string-set' value of an element that *starts* on the page
but is broken onto the next page; you want the 'string-set' value of
the last element that was *completed* on the given page.

Sounds pretty reasonable - I suggest 'last-complete' as a name.