Re: [css-flex-grid]: How to force a wrap?

Note that [css-flex-grid] isn't the right tag for any spec. Did you
mean css-flexbox or css-grid?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://jsfiddle.net/XFq59/110/
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like the buttons from the example above to be displayed three in a row
> while watching the page in landscape view, and two in a row when watching
> the page in portrait view:

> |              Button #1   Button #2   Button #3
> |              Button #4   Button #5   Button #6

> |     Button #1   Button #2
> |     Button #3   Button #4
> |     Button #5   Button #6
> |

> --------------------------------------
>

> So, no matter how much free padding space there is (or isn't), I want the
> design to be either 3*2 or 2*3 buttons.
>
> How can I achieve this? Is flexible box layout the right approach to achieve
> this?
>
> A table design approach wouldn't work, I assume, as it wouldn't be able to
> rearrange by @media rule.

Using Flexbox, you can set the buttons to "flex: 33%;" or "flex: 50%;"
based on MQ.  They'll line-break based on that base size, then flex to
fill out the rest of the line if there are any gaps.

Using Grid and auto-flow, you can just set up the grid to have 2 or 3
columns based on MQ.