Re: [css-scoping] Clarification about :host and pseudo-class combination usage

On 07/25/2014 07:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> I've been trying to decide how much of pseudo-elements belongs in
> Selectors, and how much belongs in the theoretical Pseudo-Elements
> spec we haven't written yet.  I should probably just put the syntax
> and theoretical part into Selectors properly, to help make issues like
> this clearer.

I think you should assume that the theoretical Pseudo-Elements spec
doesn't exist, and that pseudo-elements are defined in the various
layout specs related to them, e.g.
   ::before and ::after in Generated Content
   ::shadow and ::first-line in Scoped Styles
   ::first-letter in Text, maybe?
   ::selection and ::placeholder in UI
and Selectors can just index them all. We might not actually do this,
but that's kindof where we're at right now.

~fantasai