Re: [css-ui] Overflow and ellipses, some in rtl

On 10/03/2013 06:10 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can someone confirm that the Firefox behavior is correct per spec for
> this text case. Once confirmed, I will file a bug with Chrome.
>
> http://css-class.com/test/css/3/text/ellipsis-overflow-hebrew.htm

The behavior I'm seeing in Firefox 29 matches what's in the spec here:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#text-overflow

Note it's listed as SHOULD, not MUST. Definitely seems like better
behavior though, from a user perspective.

Note that text-overflow, despite its name, is in CSS3 UI, not CSS3 Text.

~fantasai