Re: [CSS2.1] Interop Issue in regards to fixed/absolute positioned children inside of inline-relative containers

Le 2014-07-14 19:18, Greg Whitworth a écrit :

http://fiddle.jshell.net/eUV76/1/show/light/

> _Chrome_:
(...)
> Absolute child that is block is strangely offset even when the
> inline-relative has left:0px;

I think the strange horizontal offset of the blue square you see in
Chrome in the 2nd gray rectangle (the one with "relative with no offset"
.. but it should say "relative with *auto* offset") is what the spec
says and means by

"
The containing block of an element is defined as follows:
(...)
     If the element has 'position: absolute', the containing block is
established by the nearest ancestor with a 'position' of 'absolute',
'relative' or 'fixed', in the following way:
         In the case that the ancestor is an inline element, the
containing block is *_the bounding box around the padding boxes of the
first and the last inline boxes_* generated for that element.
"
§10.1 10.1 Definition of "containing block"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#containing-block-details

The "that element" means, is, refers to the (nearest positioned) inline
ancestor.

What am I missing? Where am I wrong? ... just asking..

Gérard