Re: [css-transforms] Making 'transform' match author expectations better with specialized 'rotate'/etc shorthands

On 7/15/14, 6:55 PM, "Dean Jackson" <dino@apple.com> wrote:

>whatever {
>  rotate: 10deg;
>  transform: translate(5px) rotate(20deg) translate(10px);
>  translate: 20px;
>}
>
>Do I override just the first translate? The last? Both of them?
>Everything? None of them?

When I try to think of a good answer to this question, all I manage to
come up with seems very arbitrary. I am cautiously against the proposal so
far. The author convenience seems to me to be outweighed by the complexity
of getting the ‘legacy’ transform property to work with the proposal.

Thanks,

Alan