RE: [CSS2.1] Interop Issue in regards to fixed/absolute positioned children inside of inline-relative containers

> On 7/15/14, 6:25 PM, Pavel Curtis wrote:
> > Note the tall orange inline block later on the line, which raises the
> > height of the line box.  I think everybody uses the top of the line box as
> > the vertical coordinate of the static position.
>
> Right; that seems obviously wrong per the current spec.  On the other hand,
> given that there is interop on it, we should change the spec accordingly.

Indeed, there's actually quite a lot we could choose to pin down about the static position, given the level of interop.  For example, I think everyone agrees about there only being two cases for absolutely positioned elements: inline-like and block-like, and I think everyone agrees about what those two cases mean.

	Pavel