Re: [css-ruby] How should the ruby display types interact with CSS2.1 section 9.7?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7/15/14, 4:17 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>
>> Agree, assuming this means the contents all wrap themselves in an
>> anonymous ruby box
>
> If the contents are ruby-base(-container) or ruby-text(-container), yes.

Yes, of course.  I just meant that if, say, there's some naked text
mixed with a ruby-text box (which I think wraps the naked text in an
anonymous ruby-base box ordinarily?), it should keep the same
behavior.  I'm not sure if the wrapping behavior changes based on
whether there's a ruby parent or not.

> If you have a ruby-base-container root with a block kid, I don't think you
> should get any anonymous boxes or any ruby behavior at all.[1]

Yeah, sure.

~TJ