Re: overflow: repeat – Repeating Content for CSS

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Recently went over the awesome minutes taken from the recent Web Input
> Brainstorming session (
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bfcw9iR1SF2VYCXBegbqhbqWMim-ZEd7_iaQODE-RPY/edit
> ).

Thanks, I'm glad they were useful to you!

The topic of "Carouseling scrollers" came up ("Scroll Response APIs"
> segment) and I thought this proposal was worth resurfacing, as carouseling
> is one of the primary use cases.

In the discussion I think we were mainly focused on scrollers with a
defined start and end-point (there was confusion on the 'carousel' term
here - with Google folks using it to refer to any image scroller that snaps
at image boundaries, and others using it to apply only to those with
wrap-around behavior).  But we did agree that the web should offer some
good solution for the wrap-around case.

I think the blink team position would probably be that it should be
possible to build such an effect on top of some primitives that are
lower-level than overflow: repeat.  Eg. we all agreed that it's really
important to nail the infinite scroller use cases (like facebook etc.).
 Once you've done that, a circular scroller should really just be a special
case.