Re: [CSSOM] The GeometryUtils interface & DOM Ranges

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM, François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com
> wrote:

> DOM Ranges currently support the getBoundingClientRect() and
> getClientRects() methods, but both of them are incredibly buggy overall in
> most browsers (especially when transforms enter into the mix).

Hmm. Can you point me to bugs in Firefox?

> I think it would be great if the people working on the getBoxQuads
> implementation in FireFox could try to return a quad for the cursor
> position (for collasped ranges) or the quads of the associated selection
> overlay (for non-collapsed ranges) and/or report feedback regarding the
> complexity of these tasks. That would make me so happy.

I agree Range.getBoxQuads is needed and would be pretty easy to implement.
However, I'd like to get spec text for existing getBoxQuads first :-).

I'm not sure we want Range implements GeometryUtils. It might not be useful
to have Range implement the convert* methods.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w