Re: Status of a few CSS properties

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 23:09:52 -0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: W3C WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
> > * appearance, formerly at http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#appearance0
>
> This I believe will need to be standardized with a 'none' and a
> not-'none' value. The others were not successful. No idea wrt
> spec status, Tantek's supposed to be dealing with this module.
>
> > * punctuation-trim,
> > * text-space-collapse,
> > * text-wrap,
>
> These were deferred to CSS Text L4.
>
> > * text-outline, formerly at http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#text-outline
>
> This will be replaced with a spec defining the use of SVG's
> 'stroke' properties when applied to CSS. Also, text-shadow
> with a spread value (coming in L4) can have the same effect.

Thanks Elika! With respect to pointing these out in a property
index/overview, which of these properties do you think should be
included, i.e. are “safe” to point to (keep pointing to, to be
precise)? Right now it seems likely that text-space-collapse and
text-wrap would make it, but how probable do you think it is that the
other three will make it?

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/