Re: CSS Regions considered harmful (was: [css-regions] issue 16858 redux)

On Jan 23, 2014, at 1:53 PM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>>> FYI, your second example bas 18 <script> elements. You may consider
>>> refactoring the code before encouraging people to emulate it.
>>
>> I believe you’re looking at CodePen source, not the demo source. The only
>> script the demo source has is for menu interaction, again.
>
> I'm looking at the source of this page:
>
>  http://codepen.io/oslego/details/tdHEg
>
> That was the URL you provided and it seems to demonstrate the feature
> you describe. It doesn't work without JS. I'm happy to look at other
> pages if you have URLs.

Håkon, Codepen.io is a very popular service that lets you author and run code in the browser. Both individuals and organizations use it to share cool hacks, examples and demos with a large community. If you view-source any code pen URL in your browser, 90+% of what you'll see is the underlying 'plumbing' of the Codepen site.

What you want to do is click on the 'Details' menu button at the top-right, then select 'Editor' and you'll see the HTML, CSS and JS of Alan's example without any of the hosting code around it.