Re: CSS Regions considered harmful (was: [css-regions] issue 16858 redux)

On Wednesday 2014-01-22 14:30 -0500, Brian Kardell wrote:
> Is there a plausible alternative to #1 with any kind of serious
> thought/support?  This is an entirely serious question, I'm sure it sounds
> snarky or accusatory or something - but it is entirely genuine.  I respect
> and actually agree with your goals, I just honestly cannot any longer
> imagine a solution and I've not seen one which I think doesn't merely trade
> a set of fairly well known problems for which we have, for all it's
> problems, learned to use pretty effectively for an unknown set which we
> can't say those things about (i.e., will people grok/adopt/etc - and then
> what are the holes we come across as it spreads out).

I've been trying to develop one at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-overflow/#fragment-overflow although I
haven't had much time to work on it lately.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂